Il'inykh Vladimir Andreevich, Doctor of historical sciences, head of the Agrarian History Sector, Institute of History SB RAS (8 Nikolaeva street, Novosibirsk, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Laperdin Vyacheslav Borisovich, Candidate of historical sciences, research assistant, Agrarian History Sector, Institute of History SB RAS (8 Nikolaeva street, Novosibirsk, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The problem of the relationship between state and peasantry in the 1930s is one of the fundamental problems of modern national history. Grain procurement was the arena of the most acute contradictions between the ruling regime and peasantry. Since the mid 1930s grain purchase has become important for replenishing state grain reserves. Its organization and course are not sufficiently investigated. The purpose of the article is the reconstruction of the 1935/36 campaign of bread purchase in West Siberian region.
Materials and methods. Source base of the article consist of documents from the funds of State Archive in Novosibirsk region. This documents were not previously entered into scientific circulation. They were supplemented by sources from a number of central archives and fundamental publication of documents “The Tragedy of the Soviet Village”. In this article author provides specifically historical approach.
In implementation of its common goal and specific tasks author used a systematic approach, principles of historicism, determinism and comparability.
Results. Author elucidated formation of grain purchase as a method of the state grain procurement. In article were defined features, course and results of grain purchase campaign of 1935/36 in Western Siberi.
Conclusions. In 1935/36 occurred the final formation of grain purchase as a supplementary natural tax. A specific feature of campaign in West Siberian region was that the grain purchased in high-yield areas was not exported outside the region, but was used to supply the collective farms affected by crop failure.
grain problem, grain collection policy, grain purchase, kolkhoz, consumer cooperation, Siberia
1. Kondrashin V. V. Khlebozagotovitel'naya politika v gody pervoy pyatiletki i ee rezul'taty (1929–1933 gg.) [Bread procurement policy during the first five-year plan and its results (1929–1933)]. Moscow: ROSSPEN, 2014, 350 p. [In Russian]
2. Devis R., Uitkroft S. Gody goloda: sel'skoe khozyaystvo SSSR, 1931–1933 [Years of famine: agriculture of theUSSR, 1931–1933]. Moscow: ROSSPEN, 2011, 539 p. [In Russian]
3. Il'inykh V. A. Nalogovo-podatnoe oblozhenie sibirskoy derevni. Konets 1920-kh – nachalo 1950-kh gg. [Taxation of the Siberian village. Late 1920s – early 1950s]. Novosibirsk: GUP RPO SO RASKhN, 2004, 167 p. [In Russian]
4. Il'inykh V. A., Laperdin V. B. Sibirskaya derevnya: sb. nauch. tr. [The Siberian village: collected papers]. Novosibirsk: Sibprint, 2017, iss. 4, pp. 107–146. [In Russian]
5. Sobranie zakonov i rasporyazheniy raboche-krest'yanskogo pravitel'stva SSSR (SZ SSSR) [Collected laws and ordinances of the workers and peasants’ government of the USSR]. 1932, no. 31. [In Russian]
6. SZ SSSR [Collected laws of the USSR]. 1934, no. 5. [In Russian]
7. Rossiyskiy gosudarstvennyy arkhiv ekonomiki (RGAE) [Russian State Archive of Economy (RGAE)]. F. 8040. Op. 3. D. 134.
8. Politika raskrest'yanivaniya v Sibiri: khronikal'no-dokumental'nyy sbornik [Peasantry elimination policy in Siberia: chronicle and documents]. Execut. eds. V. A. Il'inykh, O. K. Kavtsevich. Novosibirsk: RITs NGU, 2002, iss. 2, 253 p. [In Russian]
9. Tragediya sovetskoy derevni. Kollektivizatsiya i raskulachivanie. 1927–1939: dokumenty i materialy: v 5 t. [The tragedy of the societ village. Collectivization and disposession of kulaks. 1927–1939: documents and materials: in 5 volumes]. Eds. V. Danilov, R. Manning, L. Violy. Moscow: ROSSPEN, 2002, vol. 4, 1056 p. [In Russian]
10. Gosudarstvennyy arkhiv Novosibirskoy oblasti (GANO) [State Archive of Novosibirsk region (GANO)]. F. P-3. Op. 1. D. 648.
11. GANO. F. P-3. Op. 2. D. 690 b.
12. Rossiyskiy gosudarstvennyy arkhiv sotsial'no-politicheskoy istorii (RGASPI) [Russia State Archive of Sociopolitical History (RGASPI)]. F. 558. Op. 11. D. 53.
13. GANO. F. P-3. Op. 1. D. 657.
14. GANO. F. P-3. Op. 1. D. 680.
15. Il'inykh V. A. Izvestiya Sibirskogo otdeleniya RAN. Ser.: Istoriya, filologiya, filosofiya [Proceedings of the Siberian branch of RAS. Series: History, philology, philosophy]. 1993, iss. 2, pp. 53–60. [In Russian]
16. Za bol'shevistskie kolkhozy (s. Moshkovo) [For bolshevist collective farms (Moshkovo village)]. 1935, 25 Oct. [In Russian]
17. GANO. F. P-3. Op. 1. D. 660.
18. RGAE. F. 8040. Op. 3. D. 73.